Monday 15 December 2008

2008 Round Up


This year has been a very productive year for me. I have participated in many exhibitions and produced a lot of work. I have also moved house three times! Once within Exeter, then to Dartmoon and finally to London.
Before the move I was based at my studio at exeterartspaces and with them I was part of the Exeter Open Studios and also an exhibition at the Centre for Contemporary Art and the Natural World in Haldon Forest.
Over the summer I exhibited at three venues on Dartmoor. Two were over weekends in village art shows in Lustleigh and Ilsington, where I also gave a talk to the primary school kids. And the third spanned a couple of weeks in Buckfast Abbey. Also in the summer was the annual Quest festival in Newton Abbot.
Building on past success I joined friends Greg Ramsden and Ben Yates to exhibit together twice this year. First we had a joint exhibition at the High Moor Visitor Centre in Princetown, Dartmoor and then again for Devon Open Studios in Mallands Barn outside Newton Abbot where we were joined by artists Mei Lim and Katie Gayle.
Finally for my work in Devon, I participated at two consecutive shows at the Northcott Theatre in Exeter as part of the xNorthCult series. And I had a solo show at the Big Red Sofa gallery/cafe/bookshop in Chagford, Dartmoor.
I'm now living and working in Hackney, East London where apparently there are more artists per square mile than anywhere on the planet...I don't know as yet whether this will be a help or a hinderance.
Since moving to London, I have done a couple of jobs related to a pantomime (see below) and I have painted three pictures of East End scenes, in and around Victoria Park (see them on Tokarta). Stay tuned for upcoming plans for 2009!

No comments:

Post a Comment